Applications are open for the 2019 STEAM Horizon Awards!
Founded in 2016, the STEAM Horizon Awards invite Canada’s youth to promote positive changes throughout their community using science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM). Applicants can approach their passion for technology and science from any angle, whether from an art and design perspective, research project, public outreach, or development of a new idea or product.
Five Canadian students will be awarded $25,000 each to study in a STEAM field at a Canadian university or college. Two of these awards will be given to Indigenous students. The winners will be invited to Ottawa and recognized at the Ingenium Foundation’s award ceremony in the spring of 2019.
The 2019 STEAM Horizon Awards are made possible by a consortium of partners, including the Ingenium Foundation, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Indspire, Syncrude, and Lockheed Martin.
In order to be eligible to apply, applicants must be:
- a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident of Canada
- between 16 and 18 years old at the time of application
- recognized for STEAM-related accomplishments in a formal or informal way
- maintaining a minimum academic average of 85%
- preparing to enroll in Fall 2018, or currently enrolled, in their first year of post-secondary education in a STEAM field in Canada (art and design fields will only be accepted if they are integrated in science and technology)
The application deadline for the 2019 STEAM Horizon Awards is January 16, 2019.
To learn more, visit: https://steamhorizonawards.ca/